Paleo Breakfast Loaf
· 1 ½ Cups unsweetened apple sauce
· 4 eggs room temperature
· ½ cup creamy almond/nut butter
· ¼ cup coconut oil melted
· ¼ cup coconut sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
· 3 teaspoons cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon allspice
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 medium apple peeled, cored and diced
· ½ cup pecans chopped and toasted
· ½ cup blueberries
· 1 x whole banana
1. Grease a 30x12.5cm loaf pan and preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
2. In a large bowl or mixer, combine the applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
3. Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, all spice, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the apple chunks, blueberries and pecans.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
5. Cut banana in half lengthways and place on top of batter.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean, and the top should spring back slightly when pressed. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Remove from tin and place on cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
KALE + POMEGRANATE SALAD
· ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
· ½ large kale, finally chopped
· Juice ½ lemon
· Splash cold-pressed olive oil
· Pinch sea salt
· Roughly chopped handful of almonds
· Handful of sunflower + pumpkin seeds
· ½ tsp paprika
· Roughly chopped handful of fresh mint
· Roughly chopped handful of fresh coriander
· Juice of 1 orange
· 1 Pomegranate
1. Wash quinoa well to remove bitter coating. In separate saucepan, add quinoa with 1 cup water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15 mins, until light + fluffy.
2. While quinoa is cooked, wash kale and remove stems, then cut leaves into small strips. Place kale into bowl and cover with lemon juice, splash of olive oil and pinch of sea salt. Massage until soft.
3. In frying pan over medium heat, toast nuts + seeds with paprika.
4. Add kale, quinoa mint, coriander, and toasted nuts + seeds. Pour over orange juice and toss until well combined. Add pomegranate seeds and gently toss through.
· 1 Small beetroot
· 425g tinned chick peas drained
· Juice of 1 large lemon
· Zest of 1 large lemon
· 2 garlic clove
· 2 table spoon tahini
· Pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220° Celsius. Once heated, place beetroot on lined baking tray until roasted. And soft through.
2. Once cool, add beetroot to food processor along with chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini.
3. Once combined evenly, turn diwn food processor pace and slowly add in olive oil. Be sure to have oil leave measuring container in a slow steady stream.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
· 50g brown rice
· 2 eggs
· 2 bacon rasher with fat trimmed and cut into short strips
· 320g chicken breast
· 1 baby gem lettuce
· 8 cherry tomato
· ½ avocado
· 1 tablespoon chives chopped
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· Juice of ½ a lemon
· 100mm Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Pinch of salt + freshly cracked pepper
1. Thoroughly wash and rinse brown rice. In a separate pot, boil in plenty of water. Simmer for 20 minuets. Drain then set aside.
2. Fill a saucepan ¾ full of water and boil. Place eggs in water and boil for 12 minuets. Remove from pot and run under cold water. Peel and cut in quarters lengthways.
3. Heat fry pan to medium-high heat with no oil. Place bacon in and cook until crispy.
4. Steam chicken breast for 12 minuets until internal temperature of 75° Celsius is reached. Wait until cool down and dice.
5. Combine salad dressing ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl.
6. Cut lettuce into bite sized pieces and dress with dressing.
7. To serve; place dressed lettuce onto plate, place rice to one side on top of lettuce, add chicken, bacon, tomato and hard-boiled egg to other side of plate. If desired, garnish with any left-over salad dressing.